Saturday, November 24, 2007

Santa came early!





I've been hinting at a project that we've had in the works for almost a month now, and here it is! We got a pool......I went back to work in August for this reason, and now it's finished (almost). We still have to get furniture, landscaping and of course, I need to get a floating pool chair. With a drink holder! I have not been in it yet, except for sitting on the side and putting in my feet. The water is cold. I consider myself a Floridian now after living here six years. We Floridians do not go in a pool or the Gulf UNLESS the water temperature is over 86! We laugh at the tourists who swim in the Gulf over Christmas and at spring break. Are they crazy? Seriously, if you live in a colder climate, you would be in my pool now splashing and having a great time. Me, I think I'll wait a while.

Yesterday, Black Friday, I did a little shopping at my LSS. They were having a great sale, 40% off everything in the store from noon until 2 PM. I picked up some papers and idea books. They just got in the Creative Cafe. If you have not seen this, and have a store in your area that carries it, go, RUN! You can buy embellishments by the piece and everything is color coordinated. they have small embellies for the cardmaker, and larger things for the scrapbooker. Awesome stuff. I'll go back when it isn't so crowded to buy more.

With the Christmas season rapidly aproaching, I find myself with little or no time. For the rest of the year (until New Years) I have decided to only post to my blog on Wednesday, with a Wednesday Wrap-up. I'll still be blurfing on the blogs I love, but only posting on Wednesday. After the holiday crunch, I'll go back to more frequent posting.

It's all for me today!

Ciao!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

HOW WONDERFUL - but I have something you don't have... yet.... I have a floating bed with a place to put my cup!! LOL! Our swimming pool is an outdoor one, not heated and we enjoyed it from April right through to September - well worth it! It is great to exercise in and just be outside - yours looks fantastic!!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

SO funny!!!...We left So. Florida 14 years ago ( after ANdrew demolished everything south of us)...and transplanted to Tennessee...You are so right about the "northerners" swimming in the winter...you can always tell ( if the white legs dont already give it away!...lol) Your pool ( or cement pond, I think they call them here in TN) is lovely...and you are sure to get lots of enjoyment out of it when "winter" passes. Blessings, Debbie

Alhambra Club said...

Your pool is lovely, how wonderful, know what you mean about it being too cold to go into the water, living in Ft. Lauderdale, I feel the same way.

Unknown said...

wow, look at that pool.
It would be frozen here! LOL