Wednesday, June 27, 2007

travel journal



I've mentioned a time or two that I'm going to Italy in September with my husband and two of our friends. The excitement is starting to build as the time gets closer. I've been busy collecting papers and embellishments for the scrapbook I want to make from the pictures I take.




I also know that I'm not going to remember everything about the trip unless I WRITE IT DOWN AS IT HAPPENS. My plan is to carry my journal on the bus (or boat) when we are going from one town to another; when we have overnight stops I'll journal at night before bed. Now that's my plan, it may not play out the way I want it too, but I will try to stick to it.




I had a spiral bound book I got for this purpose and I covered and stamped it. ( I've also been collecting Italian stamps.) I put a gold glaze on the paper before I stamped to make it look old.


The inside pages will be left blank so I have plenty of room to write. I also am making a book with 6 by 9 envelopes in it; I plan to use that for receipts, napkins, and any other ephemera I get. That way, everything will be in one place. I'm using my new Bind It All for that project and will post it on here when it's done.


Yesterday my blog entry didn't have any paragraphs. I don't understand why this is happening; I apologize for the run on words, and hope today is okay. Otherwise I'm going to have to find out how to fix it.


Have a great Wednesday.


Ciao!

5 comments:

Corie said...

What a great idea to do the journal before you go. Boy you sure are not a procrastinator (sp?) like me. It looks so european. Great colors.

Melanie said...

Your journal is beautiful!! You really do nice work! How neat that you were able to retire early and have a chance to just enjoy life!!! I think that's the way it should be. :o)

Jacqueline said...

This is a wonderful idea - you will have something from 'home' with you to write in. September is a good time to go - still warm but not like the summer warmth - I know because it is a similar climate to where I live in the South of France. I LOVE the med. climate. I think your journal is fantastic!

Vicki G said...

What a great idea to have your book started BEFORE you go!!!! Think I am going to have to try that myself!!!!!

Vicki

Rosella said...

WOW! I am so glad you are getting to go to Italy. That's the place I would have loved to go for our honeymoon (or any moon for that mater). Love your journal. Enjoy the trip!!!