Sunday, July 15, 2007

Gratitude

This is a card I created to thank a special friend, Nancy, for thinking of me. I collect biscotti jars, the hand-painted ceramic ones. In her travels, she found one in a thrift store for me and presented it to me this past week. It now sits on top of my cabinets in the kitchen and looks awesome with the rest of them. Thanks again, Nancy!

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank any and all who read my blog and leave such nice comments. I don't have a big following, but that's okay, that's not why I started this to begin with. You won't, for the most part, find the latest and greatest supplies here. I'm "using what I have" and that's very satisfying. I KNOW I have way too much, and have really slowed down on my buying. There are LOTS of things I want though!

This card was made mostly from scraps, except for the base. The background papers are SU and I won those from http://askmetostamp.blogspot.com. That's Kathy D.'s blog and she really has some great ideas on there. I mentioned her before, but if you have a chance check her blog out.

The cuttlebug embossed backgroung is actually snowflakes! I had some panels that I embossed for the ATC snowman swap I participated in and didn't use. I think they go well with the flower. Looks like a bunch of suns there, LOL. The flower is $1 stamp from M's, the text if HA and I used a little Stickles on the PP. The flower is colored with pencils and my white gel pen is added for accent.

Well, that's all from me today. Happy Sunday.

Ciao!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Corie said...

Great card, love the layered effect, the layout, the colors -- well I guess I just love the card.

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the colors you used and can't beat those $ stamps at Michaels, they just got in a bunch of the new acrylic ones. OH and a belated Happy Birthday to Joe.

Jacqueline said...

Well, it's beautiful Paula! I am a big scrap-fan too and like to use 'what I have' - too darn right!
This card just shows how pretty a card can be when we use our creativity!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Love how we can create beautiful cards from scrap pieces.

Lois said...

Hi Paula! I stopped by to say thanks for commenting on my blog and had to look at your fabulous blog! I love the title too!

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card, was trying to work out which CB folder it was befor you mentioned it :)