Sunday, September 30, 2007

We're back, so here's a teaser!!!

It was a fabulous journey. Italy is such a beautiful country, full of ancient monuments mixed together with modern ammenities. I don't know where to begin!

I took about a thousand pictures, but do not have the energy to transfer them all to my 'puter, and then pick and choose which ones to show you. I fell in love with Venice, so I picked some and made a "quickie" slide show just to bait you a little. I could have stayed in Venice for a month. The Piazza San Marco is overwhelmingly beautiful to see in real life. The little streets, lined with shops and restaurants, are like a wonderful surprise, every step you take brings on more sensory delights. We only touched the tip of things to do and see here. I want to go back and see it all!

I'm still on Italy time, so last night I went to bed at 7:30 P.M. so natch I got up this morning at 4:30. I hope to "even out" this coming week, but I have to do it gradually. Yesterday was spent unpacking, doing a mountain of laundry, and just generally getting used to being home. Where's the little place on the corner that I got an espresso at in the afternoon? Where's the waiter with my antipasta of some of the best, melt in your mouth, proscuitto and fresh mozzarella I have ever had in my entire life? I'm having some separation anxiety, I must tell you. Food porn of the highest quality.

There will probably be no stamping and card making here for a while. I want to concentrate on scrapbooking (yikes!) my trip and unless something comes up that I need a card for, the stamps are going to remain unloved for a while. I will share pictures and a small outline of our trip on this blog, so if you are interested in that, I would love it for you to come back and take a little journey to Italy with me.

Ciao, bella!

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Welcome back, must agree with you, I have been to Venice a couple of times and it is one of my most favorite cities, so glad you had a wonderful time. Thanks for the RAK, the card was lovely and that faux lace is fantastic. Rest up

Alex said...

Welcome back!! Florence is my favorite city in Italy and we went as often as we could while living there. I am sooo jealous - we are going next summer to take my DD back so she can see where she was born! Thanks for sharing the pics - they are fabulous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Sandy said...

Welcome back! I'm so excited to see your pics and posts to come. My mom is headed to Rome tomorrow and their cruise will make a stop in Venice and a bunch of other places too! Wish she could see your slideshow before she leaves but I think she's already in bed!!!