Monday, January 14, 2008

Special request


Good Monday! My goodness, how fast the weekend went. I was busy, busy, scrap booking and I even made a card! I will post the card later on in the week. I took a picture of it, but am not happy with how it came out, so I'm having a "do-over".

And now for the special request. Jacqueline saw the card I wrote about on my last blog post. I posted it on the Two Peas stamping gallery, because it was for a challenge I participated in. She left some very kind comments on my post and encouraged me to post the picture of the card here. So here it is! The background is polished stone; a technique I love to do.


Whenever I read Jacqueline's comments, I get an "oh, gosh" kind of feeling. Imagine Sally Field when she accepted her Oscar, "you like me, you really like me..." kind of feeling. She and I have been reading each others blog for a while now; I couldn't tell you how I found her blog, but it is filled with some of the most beautiful cards you will ever see! Go check it out for inspiration; you won't be dissapointed. Just click on the link to go to her blog, Jacqueline's Craft Nest.


Today is going to be a fun day. Joe and I are going to the Hard Rock Casino with our friends, Nancy and her DH Val. Oh, did I tell you I love to gamble? We throw our change in a big pretzel jar and every few months go to the casino with our "mad" money. When that is gone, that's it. We're done. Last trip I hit for a small payout and got all my money back. Good times! After the casino is a trip to SWEET Tomatoes for dinner. That's our routine, that's what we do.


Have a great day.


Ciao!

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love this card, Hard Rock good luck, I was there a couple of months ago, it is only a 20 minute trip for me, I should go more often

Unknown said...

A trip to the casino with mad money sounds awesome, wish I was going! Hope you hit it big!!

Jacqueline said...

YES! Good job with the photo - looks perfect with the light behind it - and let's be fair - everybody must LOVE this card!!

Anonymous said...

this is amazing!!!