Thursday, January 17, 2008

Faux batik..


ala Tim Holtz! I :::heart::: Tim and all his products and lately have discovered his blog. He had a wonderful 12 day tutorial on his blog for the Christmas season entitled "the 12 tags of Christmas". I loved all the techniques he showcased; they are on my "to do someday when I get more time" list.


The other day Tim showcased another technique, faux batik. I'm not going to show how I did it; I'll direct you to his blog for that. But this was my end result, and I'm pleased with the way it came out. I urge you to get his Ink Blending Tool. I didn't think I needed this until I used it. It does a nice job of inking edges; more so than the direct to paper technique. I already had the handle from the alcohol inks tool, I just bought a package of the foam squares that go on the applicator.
I need a little practice on the ink blending technique. It's supposed to look mottled, but here and there you can see sharp edges. I'm still happy with this.
Thanks for looking. Have a great day.
CIAO!

9 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Love this technique - your tag is a great success!

Corie said...

OH my this is GORGEOUS!!!

Alhambra Club said...

this came out fantastic, what a great technique.

Unknown said...

love this, saw it over on Tim's blog and it looked amazing but way outta my comfort zone.
You have done an awesome job!

Ana Baird said...

Wow what a great technique! it's fab!

Anonymous said...

your tag is just gorgeous!

My Paper World said...

What a great technique! It looks fabulous!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous end result, love the colours.
I also have Tim's techniques tags shelved for when I have time. I am so pleased he is going to continue sharing through the year too.
I just need some foam squares as I already have the tool for my AI's.

Anonymous said...

This is amazing! He has some very interesting things going on all the time! Love the technique! TFS!! :) Thanks for coming to visit me too!!