Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Bind-it-All project...


I've been wanting to do more things with my Bind-it-All since I got it, especially when I see so many stellar projects on the 'net. I had a blank board book sitting around for a while and decided to cut the pages apart so that I could treat them to a go round in the BiA. I am so glad I did!

This book is going to be for our December Disney trip; I have a few pictures I want to use; not enough for a whole scrapbook. So this mini-book will work out perfectly.

I covered all the pages in patterned paper from a kit I got on clearance. I love the bright pinks and greens in these papers and embellishments; breaking away from the traditional reds and greens kicks it up a notch.

I cut out the profile of the house from a clear acrylic album I have laying around that I haven't used yet. I used a glitter snow writer on the roof part and put some extra glitter on it while the medium was still wet. It dried a little clearer than I would like; it looks more like ice but I still like the effect. The flourish chipboard I used to resemble smoke coming out of the chimney was not my idea; I've seen this used on countless mini books. I put some Stickles on that after I painted it white.

The title on the cover is just assorted letters from my stash except for the "A". That's some grungeboard I recently bought. I love Tim Holtzs' grungeboard, but it smells really bad out of the package. I painted it a bright pink to match the paper.

I will post more of this album as I get my pictures in it. Thanks for looking.

Until later

Ciao!

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Your cover looks amazing already! Such festive colours.

Alhambra Club said...

this book looks fabulous, the cover is great.

Ana Baird said...

What a great project! Love it!