Friday, February 29, 2008

It's leap day...



Or Sadie Hawkins day, whatever significance that used to hold. Today was the day that it was proper for single girls to ask a man for a date. My how times have changed!

I really like the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous line. These unmounteds come trimmed nicely; the images stamps crisp and they clean up well.

For the cover of this card I used a marbled background piece that I have been hoarding. A long time ago, I was a member of Scrap Goods monthly kit club. One month they gave us supplies and instructions to make our own marbled paper. It was messy but came out nice. Of course I put the papers I made in a drawer and hoarded them. The other day I was wanting to use this stamp set and knew instinctively that this paper would make the perfect backing for this project. I used a bee stamps from an Anna Griffin set I had. The Tim Holtz stamps come with a bird that was too big to fit on the card. I'll save the bird for another time. I used some Stickles to accent the flowers and the bee.

The inside of the card has a rub-on on the left corner. These rub-ons are by Imaginisce. They come with bling that can be put onto your project along with the rub-ons. They were on the QVC scrap booking day back in early February. I am so glad I got them. The pearl on the front of the card came with the wedding set that I used on this project.

Yesterday I was taking the glossy paper off a children's board book I got at the dollar store, when my knife slipped, and now I have a wicked cut on my hand just below my thumb. I should have gone to get a stitch, but Joe was at work and I got the bleeding to stop in a timely manner. But now I have limited use of my hand; it's sore. I'm just having a pity party, it was a stupid thing I did.

Hope you have a good Friday.

Ciao!

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

these cards are beautiful love the pearls and that saying. Sorry to hear about your cut, heal quickly, we need your creations.

Jacqueline said...

What a stunning card you made - just perfect colours and other ingrediants!! I love the sentiment! Get better soon.

Corie said...

Oh this is just so beautiful and elegant!!

Unknown said...

this card is gorgeous!