Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I:::heart:::Craft Critique...

What a great site. There are unbiased product reviews posted on here all the time. The best part is, they are posting about all the new products being showcased this week at CHA.

After I visited Craft Critique and saw some of the new products, my will-power has faded. There are so many innovative things showcased; here are some of my favorites:

Basic Grey's new paper line "cupcake"---lots of bright colors and delish looking papers with ice cream treats printed on them. Think party layouts and cards.

Piggy Tales Pig Tale spring-up mounts---this is my personal favorite and I can't wait to get my hands on these! They are curly wire springy thing-a-ma-bobs (think a clipola all stretch out) that are mounted on what looks like foam tape on either end. Well, what can I do with these? Stick one side to inside of the card, and on the other side, put die-cuts of hearts, balloons, practically anything relatively flat. When the recipient opens the card, these die-cuts wiggle and shake, practically popping out at them! Who wouldn't love to get a card like that?

Bind-it-All has a heavy duty corner rounder called, simply, Round-it-All. It will round chipboard. How often have I made a mini book and wanted round corners; up until now a regular corner rounder couldn't handle the thickness. I need one of these.

A few other things caught my eye: Dream Street has a new line of papers with the most adorable birdies on them. The colors are so bright and cheery, I love these. Creative Cafe has THE most adorable scalloped edge mini-books. They come in several colors. You know that Creative Cafe has tons of papers and embellishments in several color stories. Yup, Garanimals for the paper crafter. Michael Strong (love him!) has come out with small stamps, perfect for inchies, called Cloissone Accents.

There's a lot more CHA high lights on the Craft Critique site! Click on the link, pour yourself a cuppa, and go check it out. There's lots of pictures and a few video's, I didn't want to post their pictures on my blog without their permission.

Don't forget to check my last post, too. It's two posts for me today, and I don't want my first Gothic Arch card to fall by the wayside. Not that I'm narcisstic, but it was inspired by a very talented lady. Go. Look.

Ciao!



2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

That is such a great site, those piggly wigglies are my favorite, can't wait to get them myself and tht corner rounder for chipboard sounds great.

Tami Bayer said...

Thanks for the lovely review of our reviews. I heart the bind it all corner rounder, too. I missed it at the show. It's such a huge place! Love your blog.