Well, how I plan to spend my summer vacation. See my floatie chair? See my rubber duckies?
The weather has been absolutely fab here in Florida! I've been in the pool almost every day this week. Hope spring is coming to your neck of the woods. I see from a lot of the blogs I read that it is. I'm seeing lovely spring blooms from Jacqueline in France; and lots of talk about spring on some of the other blogs I read.
I have not been in my stamp room all week! I've been outside most of the time. We've even been eating out there, lunch and dinner. On that note, I am going to take a break from blogging for a while. I may post an entry every now and then; I will still be reading all my regular blogs. You know who you are! I want to take advantage of the pool and the outdoors this summer. I work part-time, and frankly, I don't know how some of you do it. I admire you all who are moms, and maybe you are working outside the home as well. Where do you find the time to do all that and stamp too??? The older I get, the more precious my free time becomes to me. I guard it selfishly.
I'm going to leave you with one more card and a tip. first the tip: If you use dark colored cardstock to make the bodies of your cards, and don't know what to use inside so that your greeting will be visible, go to an office supply store, or Walmart, in my case, and pick up a pack of blank index cards for about .97 for 100. The ones I got are 4 by 6, perfect for an A2 card, with just a little trimmed off. These are blank on both sides, don't get the kind with the lines.
Lastly, here's a card that I made that I sprayed the background with Stewart Superior Memories mist. I picked up 3 colors at the scrapbook expo I went to a couple weeks ago. These sprays are awesome, there is so much possibility with them. In the foreground, you can see the original color of the piece I sprayed. These can be used with stencils, masking and even a rubber stamp resist. I got the idea from this website; go to their and click on the scrapbooking shows. Find the archives, and watch Trish's show from maybe January entitled Serengheti something or other. I know, big help, huh? Fascinating stuff.
Okay, all for me for now. This last Ciao will be for a while. Thanks to you all who read and comment and support my blog.
Arriverderci!


6 comments:
Your card is beautiful. Enjoy your days and nights by your lovely pool. How wonderful
enjoy your beautiful weather, i would too if we had some, I heard someone mention the s-word for us this weekend.
Love that tip about the index card, great idea! Don't be a stranger!
What a beautiful card Paula - just gorgeous!!
You mean you just bought alot of goodies and you are taking a blog break??!!
Can't blame you with your gorgeous weather. Our pool was up to 20 degr. C until the weather changed and now it will take some time to warm up again.
I see you found a floating chair with a space for your drinking cup too.. lol!
Yes, where do we find the time? I work every morning too, but my love for crafting is just too strong to resist. I make sure I am very organised in the house, do the priorities that NEED to be done and when thats ok - I stamp! When I start hearing complaints like my sisters husband who says that he feels like he is a 'card-widow' well then it's time to put my foot on the brake!
I'll be keeping in touch - in the mean time have fun outside!
The card is wonderful!! ;) TFS!! Enjoy your vacation!!
Oh go on - please post your Hero Arts card here!!
Your card is just fabulous. Enjoy you time in the pool with your rubber duckie.
Post a Comment