I am participating in a swap over on Splitcoast Stampers; I have to make cards every other month and the theme is decided upon by the hostess for that month. This swap runs for a year and this is the third set of cards we have made. The theme for this go round is 5 of your favorite things. Favorite stamp, color, technique, embellishment and season. Here is my card.
I watercolored the background for my technique. Summer is my favorite season. The greens and aquas are my favorite colors. The fairy is one of my favorite stamps, she is a Lavinia stamp I got for free with one of the UK stamping magazines. My embellishments are the gemstones and stars, I love bling. I had envisioned this card when I signed up for the swap and it came together exactly like my minds eye saw it.
I used a few other stamps that I have in my collection for the rest of the card. Now all I have to do is get these in the mail to the hostess and wait for my swap cards to come back to me. Can't wait to see everyone's interpretation of this theme.
All for now!
Ciao.
paula
5 comments:
This is one adorable card which perfectly portrays your sweet, kind heart, Paula! I'm so proud to be a recipient of your loving touches. Everything about your little fairy reminds me of you - smiles, colors, and pure magic! I'm so glad you have enjoyed a fantastic summer! If anyone should, it's you! love, de
Paula, nice card....you are so creative.
Oh wow, this is so gorgeous!! I love the colors and the beautiful fairy!! The sentiment is awesome, too!! Love this!! Have a great day :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
That's a very pretty card, Paula. I love the greens and aquas too, and it looks great with the black silhouette stamp on it.
Thanks for your lovely comment - glad you like my latest little box, and thanks for the cross-pond hugs! Amazing just how far a hug will travel, isn't it.
Shoshi x
I thoroughly enjoyed receiving your beautiful paper creation Paula.
Love your take on the theme I proposed, thank you for your partecipation! ♥
Paola/Canada
Post a Comment