I got a Cricut Explore Air about 2 months ago. I didn't think I wanted one as I have an Expressions I hardly ever use, along with eleventy billion cartridges. I live near an HSN outlet, and one day sitting on the shelf were about 5 Airs, along with a sign that said "70% off". What???? I couldn't leave it in the store for $89 and change. Boy am I glad I got it. This version does so much more than the Expressions ever could. It cuts like a dream too.
I just had to learn design space and there is so much there to learn, but I can do basic things and every day is a learning experience. I found an awesome website, SVG Cuts, which has tons of files to purchase. Lots of wonderful 3D projects to download into Design Space.
I fell in love with this:
A very detailed haunted house, the set is called "Haunted Forest" and comes with this house, 2 Halloween cards, a witches hat that can be filled with treats, and a jack-o-lantern that can hold a battery operated tea light for a spooky decoration. The files are reasonably priced and once purchased are yours to use over and over. By the way, tea lights can go in this haunted house too, I used 4, and it looks adorable when lit in a darkened room. Sorry, no pictures of that.
Here are some more views and versions:
That's what I've been up to. I'm on my fourth one, they are great gifts too.
All for now, ciao.
paula
6 comments:
You are something else, Paula! It does my heart good to see you enjoying your new toy so much, and having a spooktacular time with it! The papers on each project look very pretty and I imagine they look fantastic with the tea lights inside! I'm looking forward to seeing what other projects you make with it! xo
Oh wow, they are absolutely amazing!! I love them!! The papers are awesome, too!! What a deal you got on the Explore!! Wow!! I don't use mine enough...I need to do that more :) Have a great day :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
I'm really not into Halloween, Paula, but have to say you have done a truly awesome job with this project. It's amazing. So detailed and complicated! I had a Cricut Expression and then when the manufacturer decided not to allow 3rd party software to work with their product, I got fed up and got rid of it, and got my Cougar instead. (I haven't used it for ages because the house move intervened and then elderly parent problems, and then illnes but I'm hoping to get it up and running again one day!). I am very glad to hear that the latest Cricut is again allowing you to use other stuff. SVG Cuts is a very good site with loads of files. Have a look at Penny Duncan too - she's got masses of great svg files and tuts on Youtube and on her blog too:
pennyduncancreations.blogspot.com
I found my Cricut Expression to be quite inaccurate with cutting at times and I was quite disappointed. I'm glad to hear their latest machine is an improvement in many ways. The Cougar is a monster indeed! The latest version is the Silver Bullet which is supposed to be even better. I love making flowers and stencils best, but these machines are so great for tags, cards, boxes, embellishments, you name it! You inspire me to get my Cougar going again!
Thanks for your very kind comment - I am bound to feel awful this week, but hopefully will be better again next week and will be able to start doing things again. Yes, my final treatment is 16th Oct! My gilt edged red letter day yaayyy!! Meantime, just have to keep plugging on and go with the flow. A friend emailed the other day, whose wife died exactly a year ago from cancer, and he said, "Don't fight the chemo, fight the cancer." Good advice!
Hope you have a lovely weekend Paula!
Shoshi x
This is awesome!! I love your little spooky house and I love the papers you've used too .. absolutely gorgeous!! I have never used a Cricut and have no idea what they are like. I own a Silhouette, which I love, but I don't know if they do cutting files like this. Will have to go and take a look. This is totally gorgeous!!
Hi Paula! Your houses are wonderful! Nice choice of papers! Wow on the price of your Cricut Explore. You got a great deal!
Thank you for your visit and comment of my blog post My Sheri Crafts Ch. 164 Long Time No See. I am not sure what may have happened to your try with the card. Images cut fine for me. As I mentioned in my blog post, the make it now cutting instructions do not give the sentiment and sentiment tag. I added more flowers and a different sentiment. If I can help some way, let me know.
Thanks,
Glenda's Cards
Thanks for the lovely comment, Paula, and I'm glad you like my Zentangle!
Shoshi
Post a Comment