I meet the nicest people on the internet, it seems stampers, as a group, have a kind of kinship that shines through. I am grateful for my American stamper friends, and now I am happy to say I have a UK stamper friend.
I wanted to send her a cheery greeting, so this is the card I came up with. I am showing it now because I know she has already received it. I am happy to say she loved it.
Lots of die cuts, some embossing and three embellishments from one of my favorite bloggers, Christina Griffiths, of Flowers, Ribbons and Pearls. Thank you for all your inspiration Christina.
Have a happy and safe weekend. I am going to a stamp show tomorrow. Lots of inspiration, lots of shopping. Can't wait.
Ciao! paula
11 comments:
This is so elegant and gorgeous!! I love the texture!! The design is so beautiful!! What a fabulous card this is!! I hope you have a wonderful time at the stamp show!! Have a great weekend :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Paula, you are being very coy about who you sent it to lol lol!!! I am happy for everybody to know that it was SHOSHI she sent it to - to bring me joy as I go through my chemo, and it certainly did that! It arrived yesterday and I absolutely love it.
Paula also sent me some choccie (yum yum) and a gorgeous bag of crafty goodies to use - lots of little die cuts, embellies and so forth. All beautifully wrapped!
Thank you Paula - you are a true friend and you've brought me a lot of joy!
Shoshi x
Very elegant card, you are so talented....
I so agree about stamping friends they are the best. :)
Paula, I meant to email you yesterday to let you know I'd done that post, but you found it all by yourself lol!! So glad you liked it. If you didn't take any closeups of your card, do feel free to download mine. It's such an absolutely gorgeous card and I keep looking at it and stroking the textures lol! We had a lovely outing yesterday which did me good as I was starting to feel a bit stir crazy being stuck in the house, and our coastline is so beautiful! It was great having a bit of sea air on the cliff top. It's a lovely spot. Thanks for your lovely comments!
Shoshi
Thanks for another lovely comment, Paula. The reduced dosage on my third chemo treatment has certainly made a difference, as I am feeling tons better than I was a couple of days after the last one! I managed to do a few bits and pieces of art today, and also some tidying up.
Shoshi
Wow! Such a gorgeous card, and I love the way you have used your pretty papers, die cuts, and embossing folders! So elegant, and the embellishments are gorgeous! Those flowers look gorgeous with their incredibly soft colors and contrasting texture. Thank you for the inspiration this morning, Paula! hugs, de
Thanks Paula - lumpy body eh? Lol!! I'm working very hard on mine to get rid of the lumps ROFL!! Your beautiful card was admired again today. Since the weekend I haven't done anything. I'm feeling really rough again.
Shoshi
Thanks for another lovely comment, Paula! I am very pleased with how that card came out. I've got to make a birthday card before 24th and I think I'll do something similar, with a bit more of the masterboard. Feeling better the past couple of days thank goodness, but wasted loads of energy today searching for an elusive pair of scissors that I need... So frustrating. They remain hidden!
Shoshi
Thanks for your latest visit, Paula, and I'm glad you like my faux leather. I know what you mean about not having the time to make all the things you want to! Story of my life... Not sure how much I'll get done next week (if anything) after my chemo on Friday. I've got a deadline and lots to do before then!
Shoshi
Thanks for your visit Paula, and yes, go for the unmounted stamps - the talc method works really well. It's the most painless I've experienced so far and will go with this from now on. Great results.
Shoshi
Thanks for another lovely comment, Paula! I am so pleased to feel better enough to spend some quality time in my studio having fun. I'm afraid everyone's going to have to wait a little longer for the Big Reveal on my secret projects - I know, I know, the suspense is killing you lol!
Shoshi
Post a Comment