I KNEW it was a while since I posted anything to the blog; I just didn't realize how long it's been. I have been creative during this time.
First I spent almost two weeks visiting my daughter and her family near Philadelphia, Pa. My granddaughter Lauren graduated from Temple University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in speech and hearing pathology. I am so proud of her; she was lucky and found a job in her field right away. Go Lauren!
I have been making mini books like a mad woman. For some reason I am just feeling it. I have something up my sleeve and I hope everything goes according to plan. I haven't made any cards in a while, except one.
I joined a swap group on SplitcoastStampers. We are the Bakers Dozen group. There are 10 (or maybe 11) of us and each member takes a month where she sends out a card kit to all the other members of the group. When it is "your month" you get to pick a theme, propose a challenge, etc. I always wanted to join a group like this, and didn't know what to expect. I got my June envelope, my first one, just late last week. We got some stamped images, cardstock and patterned paper along with some embellishments and were challenged to make a card and a tag. I got the card done pretty quick. The tag I will have to think on a bit.
Everything came in the kit except the clouds and the little bit of gold glittered paper over the verse. I like my little card, The next few months should be fun.
All for now. Ciao!
Paula
6 comments:
Awesome job Paula....love the way you fussy cut the houses. Great job ...
Sue
This is so adorable Paula. I love how you made a little scene with the houses and adding the clouds. Very creative. Now to get busy on mine. Hugs, Maggie, BD Sister
This is so fabulous, Paula!! I love the scene you've created with the rolling hills and the clouds!! Awesome design!! Have a great evening :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Hi, Paula! This is DARLING - and also pretty! I know it sounds funny, but I can nearly "scratch n sniff" gingerbread from your card with your delightful color choices. Love the texture in your clouds (such a fantastic idea). The multiple border designs are perfect in creating visual interest and a lavish layout! So glad you were able to visit your family. Will you be showcasing any of your mini books?
I'm sorry about not visiting as often as I'd like these days. Thanks for understanding. hugs, de
Love the little houses and clouds, Paula - you've got a real sense of depth and it's just so cute! Thank you for your lovely comment, and I'm glad you enjoyed reading my post. It was an interesting one to write, and if it helps somebody, I shall be well pleased!
Shoshi
I have been a bad blogger this year, although I intended to blog once every week. Life has been very hectic and is passing so fast. Thank you for your visit this week and for your lovely comments. Hope you have a really good crafting week. xx Maggie #8
Post a Comment