Sunday, April 26, 2015

Where does the time go?.......

It's been over a month since I posted?  What?  It doesn't seem that long so I'd better get to it.

Right after my last blog post my daughter and son-in-law came for a visit.  It was a fun 5 days and it went by too fast.  I miss them a lot, but next week I will be flying away to visit and attend my granddaughters college graduation!  She will graduate from Temple University with her bachelors degree; I am so proud.

Last weekend I attended a 3 day crop, what fun that was!  We stayed at the Embassy Suites where the crop was held.  Both Friday and Saturday night I was up in the crop room until 3 A.M. with a few die-hards.  I got some good work accomplished and would love to do one again.

Yesterday my old friend from high school and I met 2 other high school friends for lunch.  We haven't seen each other for 20+ years and it was fun catching up.  I hope to meet up again with them when I go up north for granddaughters graduation.

I needed a get well card rather quickly so I went to my reliable box of die cuts and put this one together pretty quick.  I have lots of die cuts that I pre-cut and just filed away for this very situation.  Am I glad I did that. This card is a little flat but it's being mailed and I didn't want to pay extra postage.



The card looks like it was photographed in black and white but actually it is silver and white.

All for now.  Ciao!

paula

5 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely stunning!! I love the silver!! The dies you used are so beautiful!! The layers and texture are fabulous!! I would love to attend a crop - they sound like so much fun!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Ellis said...

WOW! Paula, this is beyond beautiful! I imagine the cardstock textures look amazing in real life - so pretty with the delicate die cuts and wonderful tiny flowers - AND you kept it flat enough for mailing! I WANT TO MAKE ONE OF THESE! LOL Truly beautiful in every way.

Your 3 day crop sounds SO FUN and I can just hear your sweet laughter, and rich voice sharing fun anecdotes and lovely friendship. If only I had the strength, I'd go to some of these with you.

Your time with high school friends sounds VERY special, and I do hope you get to stay in touch with them at your GD's grad. I still cannot get over how you are old enough to have grandchildren that age.

Hope your week-end is extra special, Paula! huggers, de

Shoshi said...

Thank you for your lovely encouraging comment, Paula. I know it's something I've just got to get through to be sure I am cancer free but it's a tough journey!

I've been looking at your diecut cards and they are all absolutely fabulous - such delicacy, and the beautiful embellishments too... Each one is stunning and sure to be extremely well received, and then treasured! Quite beautiful.

Shoshi

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous Paula! So elegant and beautiful!

Shoshi said...

Thank you for another lovely and encouraging comment, Paula. I'll email you with my address. Thank you so much for your kind words. I am struggling a bit with the chemo after my 2nd treatment and can't wait for this to be all over!

Shoshi