Friday, March 13, 2015

HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE

It's time for another challenge over at the Holly Christmas challenge blogYou have to use dies and punches on your card.  Actually I am a little late, but because I am working almost daily to finish a mini album, I had to squeeze in time to make this card before the challenge expires. I am making it just under the wire, the challenge expires in two days.
 

I really like the soft pink and green color combination.  Add in the little silver accents popped up on the white background and the card is complete. 

I used an Anna Griffin die for the geometrical background, A SU die for the large silver snowflake,  Impression Obsession snowflake die, a Martha Stewart punch for the small silver snowflake topping the flowers and some gems and JeJe peel off silver lines to outline the focal point. I hand cut the joy banner, which is a SU stamp.

This is being entered into the Holly Jolly Christmas challenge.

All for me.  Ciao!

paula
 
 

 

7 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

an equal opportunity die-cut-and-punch manufacturer gal! LOL I love being able to combine all the different brands together, and your card looks AMAZING! Love that AG ie cut in the background - it looks COLD. Your pink snowflakes and sweet joy sentiment are so pretty! Great card, Paula! hugs, de

Lisa said...

Wow, this is stunning!! I love the color combo!! The layers of dies look so amazing!! I need that background die after seeing this!! Gorgeous card!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

TLady said...

HOW PRETTY Paula!!! I REALLY like pink for Christmas!!! ;) AND your green is lovely too! GORGEOUS Anna Griffith die! WONDERFULLY DONE, SO PRETTY & FINGERS CROSSED! ;) (Thanks for visiting!!!;) You CAN do watercolor!!! Just go over to Simon Says Stamp & Kathy's blog or Jennifer McGuire's---they ALWAYS have tutorials! EASY AS PIE!) ;)

Shoshi said...

Paula, that's a beautiful card - subtle colours and so delicate. Well done! Thank you for your lovely comment and kind words about my having to wait yet again for my surgery. I entirely agree with you about there being a purpose - there certainly was for the first postponement, and no doubt the purpose of the second postponement will be revealed in due time. I LOVE that sentiment from your stamp - must make a note of that one! Brilliant.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #49

Shoshi said...

What a very pretty card, Paula. Thank you so much for your good wishes for my surgery, which has now been successfully completed. I have simply masses of messages to reply to and it's going to take me till Christmas, I think! Everybody has been so kind. Keep an eye on my blog for updates. I only came home on Tuesday and am having to rest a great deal of the time, but my recovery is going as planned.

Shoshi

Shoshi said...

Hi Paula, thank you for another lovely encouraging comment. I am progressing slowly and my convalescence is going to take time as I'm still as weak as a kitten! I had my histology results on Monday and unfortunately the news isn't as good as we'd hoped - although they've got all the cancer out, it was very aggressive and I will have to have some chemo. Oncology appt. early May.

Shoshi

Shoshi said...

Thank you Paula for your prayers and good wishes! I feel so blessed with all the answered prayer that has gone up on my behalf. Yes, there are problems to be solved but these are common to everyone in the early days with an ostomy, and I have wonderful support from the stoma nurses at the hospital, and we'll get there eventually.

Shoshi