Thursday, May 31, 2007

friends frame

A while ago, I found these unfinished frames at M's for under $3.00. There is so much you can do with them; they can be painted and/or covered with paper. I painted the back and sides of this one and covered the front with paper. It's soooo easy. Once that is done, you have a blank canvas and as far as embellishing goes, the sky is the limit.

I kept this one on the simple side, it fits the recipient. The letters on the bottom are real scrabble tiles ( I seek out old scrabble games at thrift stores!) and I added a little bling to it. These frames make nice inexpensive gifts and can be tailored to any theme.

Hope everyone had a restful memorial day. We are being assaulted with love bugs here in Florida! For those of you not familiar, they appear in May and October. Their whole purpose in life is to mate and then die!!! They are a hazard to drivers; windshields and car bodies are splattered with the little buggers. The car washes are doing a booming business. We have had to shop-vac the lanai and front entry way of our house on a daily basis. They peeked over the weekend and now seem to be going away. Ahh, peace in paradise again. But no, yesterday and today we've had the smoke hanging in the air from a wildfire near here. Tomorrow starts hurricane season. Paradise?????????????? Not!!!!!!!!

Ciao!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Just a greeting from Estonia!