Monday, May 21, 2007

Home, Sweet Home

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like it. We took a long weekend and traveled to see old friends in North Carolina. What a fun time! First, it was good to get together and catch up, and it was fun to be in a different place for a few days. There is lots to do and see, and we did plenty.




On the downside, it meant 12 hours IN THE CAR (each way). My least favorite way to travel, but it was the most practical for this trip. Gas is waaaaaay expensive and eating "road food" is no fun either. The northern part of Florida up into Georgia was still quite smokey from the wildfires that were still burning last week. It smelled like burning trees too.









I was never so happy to see THIS sign on the way back. It meant we were back in paradise, home, the Sunshine State. We still had a way to go in terms of mileage, but we were back.

So, we were in North Carolina, right near Myrtle Beach. Pretty area, although the Atlantic Ocean cannot hold a candle to the Gulf of Mexico. It was bike week, the traffic was hellish. The bars and restaurants were crowded too, so it must be a good time for area business. I love to watch the bikes and listen to the engines roar. I'll never get on one, though, not ever.

I need to get back to stamping. Maybe in a day or two I will have some cards to post.

Hope Monday is a good day for you.

Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paula, I have to disagree with your comment about the Atlantic ocean and the gulf. I have seen both recently as you know and the Atlantic at least as waves. Pat Greenan