

I need a birthday card for my grand daughter, Taylor, who will be turning 16 next week. How fast did that time go. Anyway, we are giving her money, and I wanted to make something other than a money holder/portfolio type card.
I cut a circle with my EK success Curvy Cutter to put on the front of the card and I looked at the negative image sitting on the mat. I had nothing to lose, so I cut an elliptical shape from the negative. It's the green part on the front of the card. I like how it frames my focal point. I'll have to do this again.
The rest of the card came together simply. The paper is Brenda Walton by K & Company. It's two sided, so I used my Marvy scalloped square punch and flipped the paper over; the flower is a punch out embellishment from the paper pack. All stamps are Michaels's $1.00 bin.
The inside has a little envelope I cut with my Sizzix, that's where I'll tuck the cash. I colored the present stack with pencils and used a glitter pen to high-lite the ribbons. Done! I hope she will like it. Once again, I made something I like using what I had around. It's a good thing.
Have a great Wednesday.
Ciao.
1 comment:
Love the K & Co. paper, don't know if I have seen that before and the little envelope is precious, love this card.
Would love to hear your thoughts about the new curvy cutter, haven't heard any reviews yet and haven't tried it.
Post a Comment