Monday, June 4, 2007

Good Monday!


It's Monday, and it's the beginning of a fresh new week. Hope your weekend was great.

The other day I came across a tutorial for using Marvy mega-square and giga square punches to make scalloped rectangles. Gina K of the blog spot A day in the life , posted it on her website. She owns a stamp company Gina K designs and has some really fine stamps. I also very much admire her work on Split Coast Stampers. Her style is clean and classic. I'm finding myself making more cards and scrap book pages in this style now.

Any who, back to the punches. Gina's company now has rubber stamps in the outline of the punches. These can be used with the punches to create some really clever cards. Please feel free to check out her blog. Here is the link: http://blog.ginakdesigns.com


The scalloped square tutorial is on the May 29th post. While you're there, you can check out the rest of her blog. I think you will like it.


While I don't have the rubber stamps she used, I do have the punches, so I came up with this card. It came together so fast, and I really am pleased with the results. It has a coffee theme, which is one of my favorite beverages. I have collected lots of coffee stamps and don't use them as much as I should. The mug stamp is by Stamps by Judith, and the verse is PSX mini stamps I have had forever. Paper is K and Company and ribbon from Walmart. I used Ranger Archival ink and colored in the mugs with colored pencils. Easy-peasy.
That's it for today from me.
Ciao!

1 comment:

Trish D said...

I really like this card - that coffee image is great, too!!