I have been wanting to get to two stamp stores that are about 50 miles from my home. With the price of gas it just doesn't make sense to drive that far for one purpose. We now feel the need to multi-task when putting all our hard earned money into the tank.
Yesterday, I had my opportunity. I had to take DH to the airport in the city that the stamp stores are located. With my directions in hand, I made my rounds. The first store that I went to, I was greeted with a cheery "hello" by the owner. She also mentioned that while I was free to browse, she would be happy to help me find anything I needed. We chatted about an upcoming stamp show, and she gave me a ticket for free admission. First store down, a pleasant experience.
As I drove into the parking space in front of the second store, I saw a sign on the door that read "Closed Weekend". Well, I thought, it's only Thursday, so maybe they are just giving customers a heads up. BUT THE DOORS WERE LOCKED!! I was so sad as I got back into my car. This store would have to wait for another time.
Just as I was getting ready to start the engine, a lady unlocked the door from the inside, came out and approached my window. "We're closed", she said, "but if there is anything you need desperately, you can come in and get it". I KNEW that this store had Judikins Eclipse tape as I saw it on the website, so I asked her if I could get that. She said sure, and patiently waited about 15 minutes while I browsed. Second store down, another good experience.
I read a lot of negative posts on message boards about how customer service is going downhill in the country, if not being non-existent. While I tend to agree, there still are caring workers and shop owners out there. Perhaps we need to support those stores more than we do. I get caught up in the "coupon thing" sometimes, and also tend to buy on sale so my stamping dollars will go farther. But I still hold in my heart the small guys, the stores where, like on Cheers, everybody knows your name and cares about keeping your business.
Have a great Friday!
Ciao.
2 comments:
That is awesome, can't believe they opened up for you, that is seriously too cool.
Good to know there are still nice people in the world (and that they work in stamp stores is a bonus!) lol
Amen, sister! I feel that if I get good customer service that it adds to the value of what I have purchased! Often, not only do you get the product but you learn how to use the product to its best advantage, once again adding to the value. You rarely, if ever, find that in the chain stores. Thanks for the eloquent words and for visiting my blog. I'll definitley be back!
Post a Comment