Saturday, June 23, 2007

I love masking



There are stamps out there that look like they are masked, and I have always been drawn to them. But it is so easy to do yourself.


I got a new background stamp last week during my trip to PA, it's Italian Script by Hero Arts. I figured it would come in handy for that trip to Italy coming up, (oh, I AM going to start talking about that a LOT more, HA). I looked at the card I posted yesterday, and realized my Stampin' Up Touch of Nature set wasn't getting enough love, so I stamped the flower, masked it, then stamped the Italian Script. I colored in the flowers with pencil, then crumpled up the paper and used Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in Antique Linen on the panel, direct to paper. Spritz with a little water to "blend" the distress ink, then let dry. Some copper floss, a Cuttlebug backgound, and the little thank you verse and done. I love the kraft paper cards. I got them from Marco Paper at a stamp show last spring. There's a little shadow on the bottom right of the card, I didn't feel like taking the picture again.


I just want to mention to any of you caring stamping sistas' that I found the blog by the gal's sister who has breast cancer. She mentioned in her blog that it would be okay for us to link her blog to ours so that the word would get out. Stop over at her blog to learn more and get the address to send cards to her sister. http://doodlesanddragonflies.blogspot.com/


I never went cropping last night. I just didn't feel like packing up my stuff. I stayed home and played along to National Bingo Night on ABC. I rooted for everyone to win. Two out of three contestants did in fact win. If you've never watched the show, and are around on Friday night at 9 PM, tune in, you can play along at home. Bingo, go figure.
Ciao!






3 comments:

Corie said...

O so pretty. Love it

Kathy McD said...

Good job Paula! I should do more masking too!

BTW...regarding Photoshop Elements...you shouldn't be intimidated at all...go to jessicasprague.com...best teacher around!

Love your blog too!

Trish D said...

Lovely card - I really like the pink flower with the browns. Nice job staging the shot, too!! :)