Sunday, August 5, 2007

EK Success Curvy Cutter


Last fall, I completed a survey on the EK success website. The prize was approximately $100 worth of EK products. I very rarely win anything, so I was quite surprised when I got an e-mail from EK telling me I was the winner for that month!


My prize package arrived about 2 weeks later, and boy were they generous! To me it seemed like a lot more than $100 retail. I received the circle and square EK Curvy Cutters, lots of travel/beach and pet embellishments as well as pens and a few other little goodies which I can't remember anymore. (I took a picture of my loot, I should look for it). I love the Curvy Cutter system, I saw a demo at my LSS right after it was released, but I didn't think I needed it. I have since used this a lot!!!


Long story short, as if I can do THAT, I needed to cut out a circle the other day. While I still had the paper on the cutting board, I decided to cut out some circle outlines. What the hey, I would only throw the paper away. Well, these circle outlines sat on my desk for about a week until the lightbulb went off! I used them on this card instead of a whole sheet of PP, or a stamped background. I like the look of this, and the next time I cut something out with the EK Success Curvy Cutter, you bet I will cut more circle outlines out. I want to make more of these.
This card is going to someone who has an August birthday. I'm not going to spill the beans because I'm not mailing it until tomorrow. It's sort of a combo birthday/thank you card, hence the verse on the front of the card. I am hoping she will like it and enjoy it as much as I enjoyed sending it to her.
It's Sunday early evening, and I usually don't blog later in the day, but I had a couple of extra minutes and wanted to get this up. Tomorrow is busy in the AM.
I did a little shopping yesterday, I got me and DH more clothes for our upcoming trip. I caught some really good sales, and was quite happy with the bargains I got. It won't be long now, soon you will see the 30 day countdown, and then I'm going to put the number up every day, just to bore you!


Have a great Monday!

Ciao!

4 comments:

Colleen Schaan said...

Congratulations on your win...lucky duck! Your card is wonderful...I just love those cut out circles (and the flowers). The scrapbook for your hubby is gorgeous! AmaZing!

Anonymous said...

lucky you to win such a cool prize. the card you made is fantastic. I also love your scrapbooks - awesome work. thank you for the kind words on my blog!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great idea, love the circle strips on the card, and congratulations with your win.

Unknown said...

Was wondering how well that gadget worked, looks like it is a winner.
Great card.