Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Simplify, Simplify...




I'm on a kick here, I'm in a mood to make simple cards these days. It may be the heat of summer, I don't know. In my wanderings on other blogs, I've noticed that same trend. Larry the cable guy says, "get 'er done".


So here for your viewing pleasure (in my best Rod Serling Twilight Zone voice) are 3 cards I made late last night. And I mean late. I was up until 2 Am playing around in my stamp room/studio/junk hole. The junk hole means it really needs to be cleaned up. I get distracted easily, though. I know it's bad; I lost one of the cards I'm posting here. It was in amongst the debris that is the top of my table. Sigh, it's time to clean up. I have a stamp I need to use on that subject. Hmmm, maybe I'll do that later tonight.

Card #1: the flower center is made from a 2 inch square of CS and a corner punch. I've seen these a lot on cards, I like the look. I used some clear stamps from, where else, $1 M's stamps and some ric rac. I highlited the flowers along the bottom with my white Sakura pen.
Card #2: Same corner punch actually used to punch corners. The flourish and verse are Hero Arts, I colored with Prisma and gamsol. Some stampendous tiny glitter stickers on the flourish.
Card #3: Same stamps, different card.
Hope you like my cards. Thanks for looking and for commenting!
Have a great Tuesday.
Ciao!

6 comments:

Karen said...

These are adorable. Love that Hero Arts Flower

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are great, love em

Colleen Schaan said...

I love your cards...(especially that last one...) and your simple doesn't look simple at all...you really pull it off well.

Unknown said...

Love that hero arts stamp and your coloring is beautiful!
Too hot to think, much less stamp. LOL

Corie said...

ooooooo I love these -- fantastic colors!!!

Jacqueline said...

That is a very pretty stamps to make cards with Paula!