Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The kindness of Strangers..

I love that line from A Streetcar named Desire. Blanche lived her life dependent on the kindness of strangers.

In my blog world, the term strangers means only that we haven't met in person. Geography prohibits us from doing that, but the cyber world brings us into each others homes on a daily basis. If you're saying to yourself, "What the h*** are you talking about you crazy old lady", I'm talking about the nice people that read my blog regularly, and leave such nice comments.

Last week, I was tagged by Karen and the call was to send a RAK in the form of a handmade card to someone. I did that, but I can't reveal who yet, because I know she hasn't received it yet. (it's going postal today). But Karen sent me a lovely card which I received Monday. If you want to see it, go to her blog via the link. It's today's entry. I also received a little package from another blog friend, Flossie, containing a fab hand stamped card and some goodies for my birthday! How did she know it was my birthday this month? She looked on my profile and saw I was a fellow Leo. That goes above and beyond, as far as I'm concerned. Here's a public thank you Florence! It's no mistake that these two gals are fellow Floridians, either.

So here's my challenge for you today. Make someone smile. Send someone a card that you've made. It doesn't have to be fancy, but I guarantee you'll feel good because you'll know that you brightened the recipients day.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Deb said...

The world would be such a better place if everyone stamped and sent cards just because. Your post is so eloquent and right on the mark. Thanks for the card and Bella goodies.
Your blogging friend in Iowa. Deb
Stamp On Sisters!!!

Alhambra Club said...

Glad the card arrived. Happy Birthday fellow Leo, mine was the end of July the 28th to be exact.