Friday, August 10, 2007

I say black, you say white....


He, he, that's me! Funny, my mother used to say that to me a lot. I could never understand what she was talking about. I agree to disagree.




But today the black and white is on the card I made. Here's new acrylic stamps from Heidi Grace Designs. The images are embossed with white powder on black; I used a corner punch on one side and white brads on the others, cause I didn't want to cover up the image. The verse is a stamp by PSX. I've had it a long time. The bling in the middle is a stone from a shirt my daughter had. Never throw anything away!




For anyone who is afraid to take the acrylic plunge, I say go for it. I like both wood and acrylic to stamp with. Each has their merits; acrylic is sooo easy to position for the obvious reason, they're clear. They take up little, if no storage space (well it depends how many sets you have!) and except for a little staining, clean up easily. I buy stamps because I like the image, doesn't matter if they're rubbah or acrylic.




Today being Friday and all, it's time to mention the countdown to Italy. I can hardly believe it! It's only 35, thirty five, THIRTY FIVE DAYS AWAY! Soon it will be time for the 30, thirty, THIRTY DAY COUNTDOWN! Stay tuned for that, coming soon.




I'm working on some images with a new stamp I got by Outlines Rubber Stamps. For some odd reason, I decided to make it a really detailed project. I started it last night and hopefully will finish it this evening, so I may have it on here tomorrow. Please come back to check!




Ciao!




5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Hi Paula, I enlarged your card to see it beter - beautiful embossing! It's got style!

mum-on-the-run said...

Beautiful card, love the monochrome look!

Alhambra Club said...

OMG, this card is awesome, love the white on black and that corner, AWESOME

david santos said...

Paula! "Name portuguese"

Beautiful card and good text.
Have a good weekend

Corie said...

SO beautiful and elegant!!!!