Friday, August 24, 2007

Fact filled Friday...




I have a lot to share today. I realized when I logged on that I haven't posted since Tuesday. Where does the time go?


Part of it went to my new venture-----a part time job! I have joined the ranks of the employed again. I went reluctantly, kicking and screaming, if you will. But I want a pool in my backyard and since we are not winning the lottery any time soon, this is the onlyway we can do it. By this time next year, I will have a cement pond, ala the Beverly Hillbillies at my house. So you're all invited for a swim.


Ya gotta love the dollar store! Went there Tuesday with my partner in (spending) crime Nancy, and we came across packages of paper lace! I immediately saw the possibilities for paper craftin in these little babies, and picked up a package for myself, and threw one in the cart for her. She's easy!! I made some simple cards up and like the way they came out. The paper lace is quite nice, it's self adhesive, too. I have a package to give away; just leave a comment on this post by Thurday of next week, and I'll draw names next Friday.


Oh, and did I mention that today is 21 days until Italy?


Have a great weekend.


Ciao!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard there have been a few goodies at the Dollar Tree lately, but sadly none at mine!
Love the lacey cards!

Alhambra Club said...

This is fantastic, was just there and did not see this, where have I been, have to check out your card, apparently you have posted a few that I missed.

Karen said...

Great find! Love what you did with it also. I'll be over for a swim!

Rosella said...

Looks like you have found a treasure. Thank you for sharing with us! So, what's your job?

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards - love that lace!

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for your e-mail Paula - these cards are very pretty, you got a good deal there!

Corie said...

Oh love these cards the lace is the perfect touch.

Lee said...

Our Dollar Store never has good scrapping goodies. These look perfect on your cards. I would love to have some. This is my first visit to your blog and I read your short intro, saw you were retired and I thought "lucky lady", then I see you were drawn back to the ranks of the employed. Next year you will enjoy your new pool. What did you go back to for work???

mum-on-the-run said...

Great cards, LOVE that lace trim :)

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Dontcha just love the Dollar Tree?!?!?

I am going to have to sneak in a trip there today or tomorrow.

I hope they have some at mine - thanks for the heads up.

Alicia

reflections:0) said...

I do love the dollar tree but, mine has not got in one new thing in ages...

reflections:0)

Kerilou said...

That lace is great! What dollar store did you find it at?? Kerilou

Cheryl KVD said...

Oh, this is so neat!!! My Dollar store kinda sucks with the scrapbooking stuff - they don't have anything neat like yours does! But they do have good "potty training" goodies for my daughter!! Good for you!

Thanks!
Cheryl KVD

Ijsbeer said...

Thats cool. Such things don't cost a "dollar" in our "dollar" stores.

Sandy said...

I've been scoping out dollar stores for these, mine don't have them...hoping I win! :)

Deborah said...

What a cool idea to do self adhesive lace. :)