Monday, August 27, 2007

Greetings from France



This beautiful card arrived in the mail on Saturday via air mail, par avion prioritaire, from France. Jacqueline found out it was my birthday, and gifted me with this lovely creation. Please do go visit her blog, she has a very unique style, and does collage and vintage well. Thank you Jacqueline! My picture does not do your card justice.

I mentioned on a previous blog entry that I went back to work. I neglected to say what I was doing. Nothing exciting like personal assistant to George Clooney, or editor in chief of Stampers Sampler. I cashier at a grocery store. I like jobs dealing with the public; in the past I have worked as a retail manager and a waitress. I also did a 10 plus year stint in finance. Please never put me behind a desk! In my next life I would very much like to be a tour guide. So that's my not-very-exciting job. When my feet start hurting, I imagine my pool in the backyard; the water is cool blue and I can swim anytime I want! Here in Florida it has been known that sometimes alligators get in people's pools. I don't know how, as they are almost always caged (screened in), as ours will be. That would not be much fun at all. I am going to buy the alligator-free pool!

It's 18 days until we leave for Italy! Oh my good gravy, I'm starting to think I have so much to do, (but I don't!). I wanted to take some basic Italian lessons, didn't make it. I wanted to learn how to take professional picture with my Canon Rebel XT, but that didn't happen either. So I think I'm going to go and just enjoy the moments I am going to be living for those 2 weeks. La dolce vita!!!!

Ciao!

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card and only 18 days left.

Stephanie said...

What a lovely card!
A nice dip in the pool sounds like heaven today. Don't work too hard!