
Those of you who read my blog on a regular basis have "listened" to me prattling on and on about Italy. I have been very vague about the details of the trip. So today I thought I would give a little outline of the places we are visiting and the sites we are seeing.
Saturday, September 15Th: We fly out of Tampa Florida to Atlanta GA. We have a direct flight from there to Rome.
Sunday, Monday and Tuesday in Rome: Typical Rome stuff: Vatican, Coliseum, Forum. We have some free time while there and plan to do as the Italians do. Outdoor cafe and wine/people watch. Our tour group is hosting a dinner at the Brancaccio Palace one evening. Sound like fun, dinner and dancing. If you remember, that's where Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes had their wedding reception. We are expected to dress for this. Hope my clothes don't get too wrinkled.
Wednesday and Thursday we are staying in Sorrento. We tour Napoli, Capri and Pompeii. I'm excited to see Capri. Looks like Florida only in Italy!!!
Friday Saturday and Sunday: Florence and the Tuscany region. This is one part of the trip that I wish was longer. We are going to see DAVID in all his glory!!! in the Academy of Fine arts; the cathederal and piazza's surrounding it. We have a free day here as well, shopping and exploring are on the menu.
Monday, Tuesday we visit Pisa, (I need to get "that" photo of me holding up the Leaning Tower) . A quick run through of Padua with a visit to the Basilica. Then on to Venice for a visit to Piazza San Marco (and those dirty pigeons, lol) a ride on a gondola, a bellini at Harry's, and, on our free time, we are going to visit the Campari factory.
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. On our way to Milan, we visit Verona, and Juliet's balcony that Wm Shakespeare made famous. While in Milan, La Scala opera house, and the Galleria are on the list. A day trip to Lugano, Switzerland and Lake Como, where I hope to see George Clooney.
Saturday is our travel day back to the United States. PHEW! I hope this old woman can keep up with all this.
If anyone has any tips for me, I would appreciate them. I don't mean packing tips or anything like that. We would like to experience as much "local color" as we can while on an organized tour. I have amassed a list of out of the way places to see and restaurants where the locals go. Hopefully time will allow us to experience some of them.
Well, if you are still reading this, you know practically our entire trip. There are many other "little" things we are doing, I just didn't want to make this pre-trip report too lengthy.
I just got more excited as I wrote this. I feel very blessed that my husband and I are getting to do this. We are already talking about returning in two years and we aren't even there yet! He wants to see the small town of Venafro where his grandparents were born. I hope we can fulfill his wish.
The chalkboard pictured above is in my kitchen. I always write a small welcome to visitors. Joe and I use it to write little messages to each other. It is being used for a countdown for the trip. Helps to build the excitement.
Hope you have a great day!
Ciao!
5 comments:
OMG, I am so jealous, how wonderful, love Capri, it is such a fun great island. And my two favorite cities are Florence and Venice. I know that is my name but this is such a fantastic city. ENJOY!!!!
WOW only 10 days. Take LOADS of pictures.
I wrote a comment then got the blogger error:( But wanted to say that since I haven't been to the Southern part of Italy yet (going to Rome in October. So excited!) I cannot give much advice. Avioding tourist areas when going shopping/out to dinner is always nice though:) And having late dinners whilst sitting for hours eating and drinking is very common:) There is so much good food to eat in Italy besides pasta and pizza.
Hope you have a great great trip!
Well now that you told us all the details you HAVE to take us all!
LOL at "that photo", you must SO excited!!
Post a Comment