Wednesday, September 12, 2007

THREE!!!!

Wednesday, September 12th, and only 3 days left! We're in the homestretch and Joe and I just look at each other sometimes and break out in smiles!

The packing is 80% done, maybe 90% and I've stopped the mail and the newspaper; I arranged for the limo service to the airport. It's not a limo in the true sense (we didn't win the lottery), but we just didn't feel like driving to the airport and paying for parking for 2 weeks. The limo comes out cheaper! The couple that is traveling with us got us some Euros to get us started, and they sure are pretty! The exchange rate is a killer, but you only live once.

The weather in Italy should be beautiful! High 70's to low 80 during the day, and down to the sixties at night. Anybody that knows Florida knows we have hellish hot weather until October or November. September is always hot and humid. While I am reading on others blogs that it's getting chilly in other parts of the country, it's like a sauna here. But that's why I stay. I love it! No snow, no ice, no bone chilling cold. It's a trade off.

I only have one more shift to work this week and then I have all day Friday to get ready. I'm getting a pedicure; picking up a few last minute things and finalizing the packing. It will be so hard to sleep Friday night but I'm going to give it my best shot in order to be well rested for the long plane ride on Saturday.

Sandy, my paper lace winner replied to me, so my blog identity crisis is over. Her booty is on it's way.

Thanks for reading my ramblings if you've gotten this far.

Ciao!

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

On my, how exciting, I can hear the excitmentin your typing Have a wonderful trip, take plenty of pictures I am sure you will.

Jacqueline said...

YEP, weather here is fab and I'm like three hours away from the Italian border.. But this weather is sooooooooo much better than the Florida heat let me tell ya!!
I want to tell you now in case it slips my mind, have a fantastic time in lovely Italy, enjoy yourselfs to the full and God be with you!!

Unknown said...

Oh, I am sooooo jealous!
And it sounds like you are right on top of things, good for you.