I like my new post' titles, numbers!!!! But you know what twelve means.
Mustangsarah, where are you????? I have n0t heard from you and you won the paper lace. This is the last call, on Wednesday, I will draw another name.
Today is Labor Day here in the US. The holiday honors the working class in this country with a day off. In the good old days, no stores of any kind were open on any holidays, or Sundays for that matter. We managed to do our shopping during the day or on Saturday, most of the stores weren't even open for the evening. Now, you can go shopping 365 days of the year, 24 hours a day. I don't think that's a good thing. I think family time has deteriorated with the advent of Sunday store hours and holiday business hours. We used to do things together as a family back then: have a leisurely Sunday dinner after church, and then a drive to visit relatives or friends. Holidays were spent at picnics on lakes; both mom and dad were there because no one had to work. It's a convenience of sorts to be able to shop for a loaf of bread at 2 AM, but with that convenience comes sacrifices of sorts. Ok, I'm off my soap box. If you have to work today, bless you.
That's all for me. Happy Labor Day.
Ciao!
1 comment:
I totally agree with you!
Post a Comment