Saturday, January 26, 2008

New ink for me...


I have begun to collect Inque Boutique stamps. I love their fresh and funky designs, and they are very easy to use. While I was perusing their site one day, I noticed that they had Whispers stamp pads listed. I have seen these stamp pads before at stamp shows, and thought they had a nice color selection. But the price of around $50 never worked for me, because after all, I spent all my money on rubber by the time I saw them.


On Tuesday, I took a road trip with friends Nancy and Val. We went to A.C. Moore, and lo and behold, they had the set of 30 stamp pads with carrier AND 15 brush tip markers on sale for 24 dollars and change!!! Poof, these babies were in my cart real quick like. I love the cute little caddy they come in; keeps them handy. It sits on my work space all tidy and the pads are all in one place. The colors are very versatile and rich when stamped. My ink pads were juicy; I've read a couple reviews that stated the pads were dry. That could be because the store had old stock, can't say for sure.


The box says that these pads are permanent, waterproof, non-smearing, fade resistant, acid free and they won't smear or smudge with water based markers or watercolor paint. They are permanent on glossy and porous papers. I haven't used them on glossy yet. I also haven't colored in any images yet. Heck, for the little money I spent on them, if I just used them for general stamping, I will be ahead. I paid less than a dollar a pad for these. I noticed that the ink is a little hard to clean off of the stamps; if you're fussy and want your stamps pristine after use, you may not like them for this reason. These would be a great starter set for someone just getting into stamping. 30 colors for under 30 dollars.


If you've read this far, would you leave a comment and tell me which inks you use on a regular basis; which inks you like and why?
Ciao!
on a side note: the layout I pictured yesterday had a spelling error on it. I misspelled "marina". My Italian is horrendous, LOL. So sorry. I've since fixed my layout.


3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

I have several sets of Inque Botique stamps, they had a 20% off sale today and I bought two new sets, wish I knew you used them I would have sent you the coupon. I will let you know when they have the next sale, the sale is from the company so you just need to go to where they carry them. Those ink pads loo great.

Jacqueline said...

You got a bargain there! We pay up to 4,50 dollars for a catseye chalk ink pad! I hope you enjoy using these - tell us when you have used them on a card for the effect obtained. I use primarily distress inks, a few catseyes (can't afford them!!) and my all-time favorite are the archival instant dry pigment ink Versafine pads - onyx black and vintage sepia. I have had the same pads for up to two years and they are still going strong!!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

I am always looking for a sale!....and BOY HOWDY!...did you find a great one! SInce I am a SU demo, I use, of course SU inks...both classic & craft...HOWEVER...I also own many assorted inks...including this same whispers set!....I use this set ALOT with my KIDS CAMPS & classes....a great assortment of colors....and I dont freak out when they get "man-handled"...if ya know what I mean!