

Stampers and scrapbookers are a finicky bunch!! All the buzz on the message boards I frequent is about using up one's "stash". I think crafty people are hoarders by nature; we tend to look at things differently than the rest of the human population. C'mon, how many of you have dug in the trash on Christmas morning to retrieve a pretty piece of wrapping paper, or asked your friend "are you going to throw that away?" when you know perfectly well that you could use that piece of paper/ribbon/metal to fashion a card?
The other side of this dilemna is, what to do with all the stuff once you've saved it? The answer is simple; (a.)save it, because you don't know if you'll be able to get any more just like it, (b.) don't use it, God forbid, because nothing you are working on right know is "worthy" of it, (c.) put it in the safe place so you know where it is when you need it (d.) go out and buy lots more storage bin's and baskets because you need more space to store the aformentioned stuff or (d.) ALL of the above.
No, no silly girls, USE IT. That's easier said than done for me, but I am trying. I used some really old fiber on one of these cards, and both of them have patterned paper that I've had for a while. I am going to send these cards (and more that I make) to Sandy to send to the troops. She is doing such a great job keeping our troops stationed abroad in hand-made cards to send back to their family and friends. Read all about it on her blog, and maybe you could find a way to use some of your stash for a great cause.
Caio!
2 comments:
LOL, how about "DUMPSTER DIVING" I think I have done it all. I love your card and tag and I am one of those on a use it up kick. My "stuff" is outgrowing the space I have so I am forced to use it. Thanks for the smile.
BEAUTIFUL cards! I AGREE, USE IT UP!!!!
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog!
Lisa
Post a Comment