Sunday, March 9, 2008

More Cosmo Cricket...

<


A while back, I posted a layout I did using the Cosmo Cricket TSV I bought when QVC had their craft day on February 4th. So much came in the kit, I am very glad I bought it.

Included were 8 pre-scored cards and envelope liners. I love the patterned papers in the kit; they are muted and distressed for you. And, no trying to match up patterns and embellishments, it's all there for you.

I had some leftover pieces of paper from when I made the layout, so I used these scraps to make this card. The only thing on the card that isn't from the kit, are the two flowers. I cut them from my Cricut machine using A Walk in my Garden cartridge. I did some pen work on the outline. After looking at them, I wished I'd did some stamping on them before I put them on the card. Too late now. I did some stamping on the aqua colored piece; no other stamps were harmed in the making of this card. LOL


The thin piece on the bottom of the card that looks like ribbon) that is all different colors was a throw away. It's the edge of a sheet of cutouts from the kit. I saw it laying on my desk after I tore something out, and instead of throwing it away, I stuck it on the card. I like the way it accents the bottom of the card, and it picks up all the colors of the papers.

Some parts of the country are experiencing really bad winter weather. Ohio got hit particularly hard with over 20 inches of snow, blowing into drifts with the high winds that accompanied the storm. The northern part of Florida had some wicked tornadoes come through on Friday. We lost our electricity briefly yesterday morning, but nothing like some people are having to deal with. It's cold here today, but for sure it will warm up later in the week.

Stay safe!

Ciao!

Hope you didn't forget to turn your clocks ahead, if you did forget, you're late!!!
on a side note; I had this post ready to go early this morning, Blogger would not let me post any pictures. Had to try three or four times.

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is adorable, love the papers.

Corie said...

This is just so gorgeous!!

M. said...

i love the card!! beautiful paper and colors :)