Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday...




















I have a hard time doing "simple designs". I want to stamp every available space on the card, and tend to over embellish. Lots of times I like the finished product, most times in fact. I found a pack of vellum tags by Making Memories that I've had for a really long time. I love the look of white embossing on vellum, so I embossed this Hero Arts dandelion on the tag. It's embellished with some pearls, also by Hero Arts and mounted onto a yellow Hero Arts card. [side note: love, love love the card by Hero Arts!]. The little greeting is from one of the Studio G $1.00 stamps; I have a million sets of those! I did a little coloring with a Sharpie marker on the flower. Pretty simple, huh?

I'm watching all the loss and devastation from hurrican Ike; hope everyone is safe and sound. Such a damaging storm. I get down on my hands and knees and thank God it missed us here in Florida, and feel sad for those in Tx and La.

Here's a close up of the embossing and the little pearls.

That's all from me today.

Ciao!

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Yes thank goodness it missed you in Florida...
I think the idea of the pearls on the dandelion is super - I purchased that stamp and hadn't thought of that!! Actually what I did with this stamp has only been disappointing until now and I'm usually thrilled with the effect Hero Art stamps give! I'll be playing around with it though and will find something effective... like your beautiful idea here!
Ciao

Esther said...

coming to visit your blog through jacquilines blog. I lvoe danelion clocks, something special about them! Love the use of pearls, gorgeous idea that adds that extra special touch!

Jamie Martin said...

Beautiful card! The pearls are a perfect touch :)