Sunday, October 5, 2008

Christmas comes but once a year....


but we spend so much time preparing for it. The stores are already displaying decorations to buy; it's just a matter of time before we'll begin to see the trees, lights and wreaths adorning the inside and outside at the mall! It's too soon!


After that complaining, I want to say I always like to get my Christmas cards done by October. I don't work well on a deadline; my mojo leaves on vacation when I put to much pressure on her. So, I am proud to say, my Christmas cards are finished! All I have to do is address them. I am not posting the actual cards on here yet, (some of you have to be surprised) but I will post when I know everyone has them. I made this card yesterday with some scraps (I thought of you, Jacqueline, aka my scrap basket!) that were laying around. The stamp is Inque Boutique. I embossed the small strips on the front with my new Cuttlebug embossing borders.... I love those embossing folders and am getting quite the collection. Hmmmm....maybe this card will go to someone special, we'll see.


Yesterday was National Card making day! I sure had fun poking around all the websites that were hosting challenges. Lots of great card ideas, that's for sure.


I'm off to get caught up on household chores, the wash is calling my name.


Ciao!

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Hi Paula, nothing like using up those scraps!! They go well together too.
I'm like you - cannot create under pressure, so I refuse too! Glad you got your Christmas cards done - you can sigh with relief!

Patrice said...

She 's gorgeous! Well done.

Bay Patrice