Thursday, October 30, 2008

Counting down




That's my theme for this post. I have been oohing and aahing over all the countdown to Christmas/advent calenders I've been seeing on the web. I love the idea of the boxes being used; that way a little treat can be hidden inside. I also really like the cookie sheet calenders; the magnetic qualities open up a world of possibilities. But I didn't want to spend the $$$ for the box advent calender, and the dollar store had no cookie sheets when I went the other day.






I picked up a British stamp magazine almost a month ago; I don't have it here in the house 'cause I lent it to a friend. When I get it back I will post a picture of the cover. There was a countdown to Christmas calender in the issue made from an 11'' by 14'' canvas....which I had in my stash, don't ask..... so I decided to be frugal and use that. I really think the project came out really cute, and I didn't buy a single thing for it, all the embellishments are from my stash!!!! I used my Score-it to make the grid for the dates and just went to town. This came together pretty easy. I am sending this to my almost nine year old granddaughter. Hope she likes it.






My other countdown is the eleven days we have left before our cruise. Can't wait; next week I can start packing.






Have a great day!






Ciao!

3 comments:

Corie said...

OH my Paula this is FANTASTIC!!!!!

Jacqueline said...

Paula, this is amazing - I think you should send it to a magazine - should make the front cover - well it looks like a front cover!!
I thought it was a front cover! It is really amazing!!

Jessica said...

What a fun idea!