Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas tag, ala Tim .....



not Tiny Tim, but Tim Holtz! For the second year, Tim has given his blog readers a real treat with his Twelve days of Christmas tags. They are all fun, get your hands all inky treats. Here is my version, using clear embossing powder, distress inks and some Hampton Arts stamps from last year. I found a cute little video on You tube with instructions on how to make a little tree using a scallop circle punch. So I combined the scallop tree with a technique or two from Tim's tags and came up with this. I'm pleased with how it turned out. See my messy desk, and the TV remote?



Here is the tag with my little tree on it. I love to browse the galleries and message boards this time of year. Everyone posts such beautiful holiday projects! So many ideas, so little time. I swear every year that I am going to start Christmas crafting right after the new year. That never happens, though. I just keep on saving all these ideas, hoping some day to have enough time to do them all.

I've not been working for the last two months, and am going back this coming week. That time went by so fast!

All for me. Ciao!

9 comments:

Jacqueline said...

This is a very creative tag! Your background is gorgeous, love the distressed look.. So you will be going back to work again soon - that will take some getting used too! Happy holidays!
Jacqueline

Jan Hennings said...

super neat tag! Love Tim and Hampton Art!

Dana Gustafson said...

HI Paula! WHat a cute tree tag! Loving all those layers! I love being inspired by the 12 tags from Tim too! THanks for stopping by and following my blog :)

Shalini said...

such a pretty Tag Paula... seems like u havent been blogging for a while.... all well?

Vicky Hayes said...

I bet you had great fun with this gorgeous inky project Paula. Thanks for your lovely comment today!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Paula! Thank you for visiting my blog today and leaving a very sweet comment - how unexpected and wonderful. I hope you will see my blog comment on your blog.

Wish you would take more photos of newer projects because I LOVE what I see! You are ahead of your time with the techniques and styles used - WONDERFUL Christmas tree tag. I'll copy and paste my comment and email it to you, just in case you don't receive notifications.

Love your photos including your dh fixing the turkey. That's what my home looks like, too!

If you start blogging again, will you please let me know? I will be your first follower if you enable that option.

I hope you also entered my March blog candy (info on my blog) - it would be fun if you won!

Glad you enjoyed my cardinal card - to be honest, it was very easy - none of my mistakes show up in the heat embossing, and the bird was easy to shade. Hope you have a lovely day, Paula!

hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}

Diane said...

Super fun tag design Paula.

Hugs Diane

Murphy's Law said...

Hi Paula! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog - Love Tim (both of them LOL) and your tag is so adorable. I need to do more of those.

Ellibelle said...

Beautiful work Paula! Love it!