I signed up for a very interesting swap on Split Coast Stampers the other day. It's called Sisterhood of the Travelling Cards. We swap cards every other month beginning with February. There are hostesses for each round and they decide the theme. The theme for Jan/Feb is Getting Naughty. It's not R-rated though, it's nautical! Since I have some very pretty Graphic 45 stamps from their By the Sea collection, this swap is perfect for me. I am committed for the whole year though and the theme for March/April is New Life. No problem there either, I have lots and lots of stamps that would fill this requirement. I really think I am going to enjoy this swap.
I created this joy-fold card for the nautical theme.
Here is the card open
Here is a different angle of the front, showing off those shell die-cuts. The die is from Impression Obsession and has 7 different shells on it, including this cute little starfish above.
I am happy to have these cards finished a little early. They are due the end of February, so I can relax now. I have to begin to think about the next round soon!
Where did January go?
All for now. Ciao!
paula
I have decided to enter this card into the Scrapyland Challenge #10 Spots and Dots.
Thank you DE for helping me link up.
7 comments:
Love LOVE love everything about your card, Paula! I've pinned it as a beautiful example for a card fold using dramatic color schemes. I could feel the sea spray on your front panel - and what a great idea with the sequins! Each paper choice is perfect for the ocean colors. I actually have that same IO "breathe" image. I was not sure about the IO die set - it's been in my wish list at SL for a while, but now I NEED it! LOL Because your card has the dots (splatter) on the front, and the circle-dots on the front panel, your card is perfect for the Scrap Land Challenge blog this time. You still have one day to play it in - http://www.scrapyland-blog.com/ - I hope you will play as your card is wonderful!
hugs,
de
Hi, Paula! So happy to see your pretty card in our SL challenge - it is perfect with the dotted "sea spray", the sequins, and the circular spots in the front panel! Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge using die cuts! I hope to see more of your pretty projects in the next challenge, too! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}
Beautiful card, inside and out and such great papers! Thanks for joining the Scrapy Land Challenge! Enjoy your new swap!
Love the nautical theme to your beautiful card! The shell dies are perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #10!
This is so gorgeous!! I love the design and the sentiments!! The papers are beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
What a great card for Kelly's theme. Welcome to.the Sisterhood. I love the color scheme. So happy to be swapping with you.
Fabulous nautical card and I love the fun fold. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.
Post a Comment