I enjoy receiving cards in the mail therefore it follows that I like to join card swaps, especially on Split Coast Stampers. I recently joined a swap for congratulation cards, hosted by Barbara Lynn. Here are the two cards I made, hope the recipients like them.
This card uses an embossing folder from Spellbinders (the grey layer) that I inked up with DELICATA silver ink (love that stuff). I also used a Spellbinders label die for the " Congratulations". I really like this layout and plan to use it for other cards. The navy, silver and maize color works well together too.
This is the second card, shown closed. It a flip-it die I got recently from Sizzix. I really like this new generation of dies; all the pieces you might need to make the card are included in the set. Now these fancy fold cards are so easy to put together! No more measuring, hand cutting and fussing.
The card open. It is a standard A2 card.
Thanks for looking. Ciao!
paula
4 comments:
These are great cards Paula, I love the Hip Hip one the best. Splitcoast Stampers always have the best inspiration.
I love your cards!!! Thank you for sharing! Please visit my blog too: http://jessicalynnoriginal.typepad.com/blog/
Jessica
how wonderful these are, Paula! I love both of them! So intricate and clean - I especially like the twine - how did you tie it off so beautifully? Your fun fold card is fabulous! I have not made one with the swing out circle yet! hugs, de
I think it is GREAT that you are blogging again Paula :-) Both of your cards are fabulous and will be loved by recipients in the cardmaking swap. I especially love the flip-it card - what a fabulous die to diecut the centre like that (I will have to see if I can find one in Australia where I live!).
Jocelyn x
Post a Comment