Sunday, February 1, 2015

HERE'S WHAT'S NEW

I wonder where January went?  Is the rest of the year going to go by at this speed?  Kind of scary actually, I'd better get started on my Christmas cards.


I recently found Create and Craft online.  Create and Craft TV has been on in the UK for a few years and just recently entered the US market.  I watch online, but it is available on Dish network and Direct TV for limited times each day.  I like to watch the shows as I get some good ideas and like to see what the designers make with the product they are selling.  I am not affiliated with C and C in any way.  


I prefer the UK version to the US version.  But I recently saw a segment showcasing Create and Craft Coture collection dies.  Oh wow, I was amazed at these dies.  There is an aperture die for the front of the card, a  pop-up die for the inside of the card, and beautiful panels that can be layered for another look for the card front.  I ordered some different sets because I HAD TO HAVE THEM.  I have enjoyed playing with them so much, and when time allows, will make lots and lots of cards with them.  But I have to say Create and Craft's customer service is sub-par. I am very disappointed there.  In all fairness, I received my dies within a week, so they have great shipping.  But don't call on the phone if you are having issues, that's all I'm going to say.


Here is one of the cards I made with my new dies.  Excuse the yellow, it isn't photographing well at all and the more I try to adjust the color, the worse it gets.  This card is for a friend who is under the weather.

The card front:





 Inside with the pop-up feature.

The white strip on the bottom of the card is an Anna Griffin die.  I only adhered the bottom to the card so that I could make a little pocket for a greeting.  The yellow cardstock on the inside here is a little glossy and has embossed circles on it which can't be seen in the photo.


 Close up of the pop-up feature.
These dies are so detailed, but cut very well with my E-Bosser. It's so easy to make a beautiful card with these.

So there you have it, I have made four more of these cards with the different dies I bought, so I will be posting those on here as well.  I also have my Valentines to show, but I won't do that until after I am sure everyone has received theirs.

Have a super Super Bowl Sunday.

Ciao

Paula

3 comments:

A Soul's Heartbeat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Soul's Heartbeat said...

Oh Paula these dies were such a fab investment I just love them and especially when the hummingbird pops out of the inside. Can't wait to see the others on your blog.

Donna Ellis said...

oh oh OHHHH! be still my heart! What a great use of yellow - and such a fantastic card in EVERY way, Paula! How do you constantly come up with such fabulous ideas? I love them all. I can see why you needed this die set, and look forward to seeing the others you just had to have LOL. Is "had-to-have" an illness? I think it might be. LOL

love,
de