Monday, February 23, 2015

GETTING INKY...

and out of my comfort zone.  I do not like to color. There,  said it.  The thought of coloring my stamped images makes me cringe.  I never like the results.  Never.
 
However, I like to watercolor backgrounds.  You don't have to stay inside the lines when you color this way.  This card morphed into what it is, and it's almost like my minds eye imagined it to be.  I just put watercolor down, then some Mr. Tim Holtz distress spray, and then stamped some images that I like in random patterns using distress ink, various colors.  I die cut the opening in the card with Spellbinders Labels Forty and the butterfly was die cut from Spellbinders Les Papillion 4. My stamp is Technique Tuesday, one that I got at Stampfest Clearwater that I have been anxious to use.
 
 
 
 
I am pretty happy with the way this all came together.  Getting messy was fun.  I am entering it in the Scrapy-land Challenge 12 Splat.
 
All for now.  Ciao!
 
paula

6 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

I love the background you created with your inks and that sentiment is so beautiful! Love the butterfly too! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenge #12! PS...I never like the way I color in my stamped images either!

Anne Temple said...

Your card looks amazing! Love everything about it. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

Donna Ellis said...

Oh MY! you went all out, Miss Paula! This card is perfect for the SPLAT challenge, and incredibly shaded! The colors are beautifully earthy and rich. Thanks for explaining how you made it (I especially like the highlights around the top of your background and the lightly stamped images).

now for my other hat:
Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge using die cuts! I hope to see more of your pretty projects in the next challenge, too! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Shoshi said...

What a beautiful card, Paula. Gorgeous subtle colours. I am not a "colourer" either and find I don't need to be - there are so many other ways one can express one's creativity! I leave colouring to the experts.

Thank you for your lovely comment, and for your kind thoughts regarding my operation tomorrow. It's a huge ordeal I'm facing but somehow we'll get through it. I updated my Cancer Diary page with today's events. Shaz is a lovely friend, and such a support, encouragement and help!

Shoshi

Donna Ellis said...

Congratulations on making the Top Three at Scrapy Land, Paula! Do you want help in putting your badge on the blog? xo

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

Love this card it's really a winner!! Your background turned out beautifully and I love how you added that gorgeous butterfly. Great job Paula you need to enter more of these challenges.