Saturday, February 21, 2015

GOIN' TO THE CHAPEL.....

I have a soft spot in my heart for little houses, Putz houses as they are known by.  In years gone by they were made in Japan and people brought them out at Christmas time for decorating the train set and the tree.  I see them on E-bay from time to time, but because they are made of cardboard, many of them did not survive and those that remain are expensive. I have a Pinterest board with all kinds of glitter houses saved on there.  There are countless instructions on the internet for making your own out of chipboard but they seem like a lot of work cutting out the windows and doorways exactly.  Too much detail cutting for me.

So, when I saw a preview of Spellbinders A Gilded Life Beacon Street Chapel, I got all giddy. Oh wow, a die to make a glitter house, right up my alley.  It was not going to be released until CHA,
so I stalked the internet  patiently waited for the die to come into stock at my favorite online store.
 

The die comes with all the pieces you need to create a chapel, even the tiny window frames.  It cuts like a dream, and is very easy to put together.  For this one I covered the chapel with Tim Holtz's tissue wrap that I've had in my stash for a long time.  I used Tim's new January  color, cracked pistachio, and used the distress stain on top of the tissue.  I glittered the roof, steeple and window frames by hand, but it was so messy, I may use glitter paper for the next one.  The believe over the door was an old button I had in my stash, glittered to match.  It's good to be  a hoarder prepared and have lots of supplies for times like this. I love this shabby little chapel.
 
 

Since I plan on using these chapels on my tree next year, and since I am getting all of Tim's new distress colors this year, I may make one every month with each new color.  There as so many ways to decorate these little cuties, my mind is turning thinking about the next one.  Since Tim's new color for February is expected to be delivered to me today, I may get to work on it next week. 

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday!

All for now, ciao!

Paula

3 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! what a great use of printed paper, and GLITTER! Love this die cut set, and I was not aware that such sets even existed! You have certainly been busy! hugs, de

TLady said...

YES, "WOW!" Paula, this is GREAT!!!! LOOOOVE the colors you've chosen & the print tissue paper too!!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT to see MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Wow Paula - this is so GORGEOUS - I love everything about it.

I will have to check out this die set - I have never heard of it before but I sure do ♥love♥ it!

Jocelyn x
Instead of Ironing Blogspot