Thursday, February 19, 2015

MOJO MONDAY THURSDAY

I always check in on Mojo Monday on Monday morning (duh) when I check my frequently read blogs.  I love the sketches and enjoy looking at all the different cards that are created from the sketch.
 
This week I decided to make a card based on sketch #385, and enter the card in their sketch challenge.  I had a lot of fun making this card.
                                     
                                      
the sketch

  I used some older papers and some unloved and under appreciated dies and stamps on this card.  I have to admit that it felt good to dig into my stash and I will continue to do that before I buy another new thing.
 
I add lots of sparkle to this card which really does not show up well in the photo.  You can see a little hint of glimmer around the perimeter of the card; I used Sparkle N Sprinkle Tear-rific tape and glitter to give the focal point a little emphasis. 
 
I am thinking of trying to participate weekly in the Mojo sketch challenge.  I may make it a regular Thursday thing here.  Some weeks I may not make it but I sure will have fun when I do.
 
 
 
 
 Materials used:
paper...Hot off the press, Recollections cardstock
dies......Anna Griffin Lace Trimmings, Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags II, Heartfelt Creations
             Sunkissed Fleur
embossing folder...Anna Griffin Embroidered Hearts
ink.........Anna Griffin Lilac, Tim Holtz Distress ink Brushed Cordouroy
stamps:  Stampin' Up Artistic Etchings, Cloud 9 Designs 4 x 8 Patterns I, Heartfelt Creations
               Sunkissed Fleur, You're a good fried (unknown)
other......Sparkle N Sprinkle EP Vanilla Ice, Totally Tear-rific tape, sheer ribbon (unknown)
 
Now if I want to recreate this card I don't have to go digging through everything to find what I used to make it.  I really like this layout and plan on using it again.
 
All for now. Ciao!
 
paula
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Diane said...

Gorgeous colors and lovely design Paula.

Hugs Diane

Donna Ellis said...

I like the layout, too, Paula! It is a beautiful card in the soft lavenders and tans - and the layers are amazing - especially with the flowers, buttons and creative background! hugs, de