Friday, February 27, 2015

HAVE A HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS...

it's the best time of the year!  Years ago, when I worked in hell retail, this song, sung by Burl Ives, would play on the loop from before Thanksgiving until Christmas eve. I don't particularly like Burl Ives, but I ended up getting the song stuck in my head.
 
There's a challenge blog I like to look at, aptly called Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge.  The current challenge is to make a Christmas card using non-traditional colors.  Lilac is not a color usually seen on Christmas cards, so I put this together and am entering it into the challenge.
 

This is my first time entering a challenge over there. I love to make Christmas cards most of all, so I intend to participate often. So go, have a look.

All for now. Ciao!

Paula
 

3 comments:

Linda Anderson said...

Wow, this is beautiful!! Fabulous colors and such gorgeous details. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas.

Linda

N-Eva said...

Your card is beautiful and so elegant looking. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project at Holly Jolly Christmas challenge. Good luck . Neva

Donna Ellis said...

How elegant, Paula! Love the use of the "cast-offs" in your corners, and the pretty ribbon behind the die cuts - this is gorgeous! (and yes, I do love the color!) hugs, de