Monday, March 2, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....

Today is my granddaughter Lauren's 22nd birthday.  Happy Birthday to you Lauren, you are such a sweet person and I wish you the best life has in store for you.
 
Here is the special card I made for Lauren, it did not fit into an envelope, so I made the box to go along with it.  Mailing these "masterpieces" presents a problem as they have to go inside another box so they don't get crushed.  Fortunately, I have a few small boxes that I had recycled from things I have had shipped to me. I also mailed my daughter and son-in-law's anniversary card together with it. Their anniversary is on March 4th, and I will post the card I made for them later on in the week.
 

 
 
 Well, I consider this a masterpiece, a card I am very proud of.  The script background is Impression Obsession, Cover a Card stamp; I die cut a strip from Spellbinders Victorian collection on the bottom and mounted it on double sided super sticky tape and then applied gilding flakes to it.  Love this technique, but it's a mess.  The guilding flakes fly all around no matter how careful you are.  The rest of the dies are Spellbinders, of course.  I can't see which ones I used, but I know I layered them.  The main panel is mounted on gold mirrored card. Some mulberry roses,  pearls and seam binding bow and the card is done.
 
Here's the inside:
 
And finally the box I made to put the card in.
More Spellbinders dies and  some paper from my stash were used.  The box is one inch in depth to accommodate a 5 by 7 card with thick embellishments.
 
All for me.  Ciao!
 
paula

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is a masterpiece and I'm sure your Granddaughter will cherish it forever...

Donna Ellis said...

wowow! How GORGEOUS! Paula, I love how elegant this is! Inside and out - it is beautiful! hugs, de

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Hi Paula,

You are right: your card is definitely a masterpiece and so beautiful and elegant. Your grand-daughter will treasure her card forever.

Jocelyn x
Instead of Ironing Blogspot